Bakpao is chinese steamed buns. So familiar in my hometown, and like ours. In Pontianak (West Kalimantan - Indonesia) has bakpao (baozi) with many kind filling such as mung bean paste, caramelized brown sugar and coconut, coconut red sugar, chicken curry or vegetables curry, and red bean paste. Now, I made bakpao with filling red bean paste.
- 500 grs all purpose flour.
- 1 pack (25 grs) instant yeast.
- 100 grs sugar.
- 1/2 sdt salt.
- 250 ml fresh milk.
- 1 egg.
- 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Red Bean Paste is required.
- Mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt, egg and olive oil, stir until combine evenly.
- Pour fresh milk gradually while knead until no sticky on hand.
- Shape round and put on the bowl. Let it rise for 2 hours.
- Press the batter to remove air in, knead until runs out air from the batter.
- Devide the batter in 60 grs and shape small balls, flatten and put filling.
- Round and shape small balls. Do it until the batter finish.
- Heat steamed pan until water boiled. Steamed buns until mature. Ready to be served when hot.